Sure, it looks like we haven’t been doing much this summer, but that’s not actually true. Several infrastructure projects are underway, but those are boring.
What’s far more fun are the new render apps, engines, and plugins that have been rolled out since last announcement. In case you weren’t paying close attention to the agent and our Support Portal, we’ve released the following updates to the farm:
- Maya 2019, with Arnold, Redshift, V-Ray, and Renderman deployed
- 3dsmax 2019 with Arnold, Redshift, V-Ray, and Corona deployed
- Redshift 2.6.43 pretty much everywhere it’s supported
- Updates to V-Ray in Max and Maya
- Blender 2.80 final release
There have also been a few minor updates to plugins, as well as scripting changes. Blender jobs can get BW, RGB, and RGBA output from the farm now. All Modo jobs now report sub-frame progress to the logs.
Lastly, thanks to all who stopped by our booth at Siggraph this year. It’s always fun to put a face behind an agent ID. If you didn’t come by for a spin in one of the Kahuna massage chairs, you missed out!